Sunday, May 16, 2010

The eagle is landing

Well I'm about 35-40 hours into this project , maybe more, I've kinda lost track. I have sanded and sanded and sanded and I still will probably sand another couple of hours before I call it done. Remember, the wifey likey so I have to look at this the rest of my life and I want it as close to perfect as my patience will allow.


I have entered several projects into the Ozarks Empire Fair over the last couple of years and have done pretty well as far as ribbons are concerned, but the have so many categories that the ribbons are handed out liberally. I also carve in the expo center for a few nights during the fair and that's the fun part. This year it looks like this is my only entry unless I can work some magic in the next month and a half, which is unlikely.



So some more sanding and the finishing is all that's left. I'll probably stain the base darker and just seal the rest and move on to some thing easier like a bear or anything I can get done in A few nights.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Good job. How tall is it? I think need to see one of the little HAMs by it to get a perspective of how tall it is.
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, its at least 4 ft tall, but I'll get some HAM an eagle shots up for a better perspective.

    ReplyDelete