Thursday, May 27, 2010

I had to shoot the eagle

Shot the eagle?! Don't worry I just winged it. Had to, there was a big crack in the left wing which I don't mind ( adds character ) but I don't want it to grow and ruin the bird.

So I drilled a big hole and added a homemade dowel with epoxy...


...cut it and sanded it and there it is.



I had to come to a point where I was done sanding and just live with some scratches.
So...








Pause for dramatic effect.







...boom goes the dynamite.





I stained it and just need to seal it and its done. Lots of time in this one and there is some things
I'll do different next time, but I'm pretty pleased with it and will let you know how it does at the fair.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it illegal to shoot eagles?
    It looks really good! I hope you do well at the fair!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool eagle! I like how the stain makes the eyes more visible, cause they're so good. Well, I like the pose also--it's just all good.

    ReplyDelete