Monday, February 21, 2011

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE 2


I did some more work on the moose this past week, not much, probably 2 hours. Mainly I worked on the legs, hooves and butt.
I noticed after the last post that he has severe scoliosis and his shoulders are uneven, so next session I'll be correcting that. Fortunately there's plenty of wood in all the right spots and this is really a minor hiccup. All I have to do is cut away everything that doesn't look like a moose.



You can see the hash marks around his legs, it really helps to step back and mark up the spots that need shaved. It's easy to get lost in one section of the carving without looking at it in proportion to the entire project. So that's part of my process in case you were wondering.



I have a lot work left to do, but a big chunk of it is done, probably half and I like how it's turning out so far.

1 comment: