Thursday, February 3, 2011

TOYS FOR BOYS



During the fall I was real busy and was only able to carve after the boys were put to sleep.
So I did some toys with hand chisels for the boys. They roll and crash and every thing.
The truck ( Harrison's toy, if anyone asks ) is fashioned after mine, it's a '97 ford Ranger with a tool box. The cab is chopped like a rat rod because of the lumbers dimensions, not because I'm gansta (no offense Dixon).




This is the most expensive carving I've ever made (time wise). Seriously, at $10 bucks an hour I'd have to charge like $1000.00 to break even (chainsaw carving is so much quicker). Its not for sale, unless you want to pay that much ( I'll give Henry the money I swear ). The locomotive has, 08 and chunky carved into the sides, not really visible in this photo.
I started this project in the fall of 2008 right after Henry was born, we called him chunky chew chew (he was a fatty). I screwed up on the layout and didn't allow for the working wheels, I threw it in the corner out of frustration for 2 years then glued on some extra stock to allow for the wheel pins. The assembly was really the biggest pain because I didn't think it through enough.
This was going to be a Christmas present this Year but he is so rough on things and he got every toy ever made so I thought I save It for his 3rd berfday ( now that's gansta ). But today while we were shoveling the drive he spotted it in the garage and had to have it. So he got it as a belated groundhogs day present.
What you don't celebrate?

I made a few other toys for them but my wife said I should save them for another post, so I will.
Because she's the...

3 comments:

  1. You better watch your boys truck around Jeff, he might try to lower it for Harrison. That's what he used to do to Isaiah's hot wheels!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete