Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Eagle two

This is where we left off (above). A few guide lines with the sharpie and I'm ready to go.
It really helps to sit back and stare at the carving for a few minutes and making some rough sketch lines before getting after at it, just to make sure the proportions are right. With this large of a project ( 5ft tall x 18in around ) it's easy to get lost in one section and mess up the entire carving,
This is the sketch lines drawn with the tip of my chainsaw. Man it really helps to visualize it with just a few cuts.


I still have lots of work to do but its going good so far. At this point if I mess anything up it should be fairly easy to fix. It seems for me that if I make a mistake that can't be overcome ,without a fire, it's usually within the first few steps. So far anyway.


This is my oldest boy Henry. He's helping daddy water some sod that I got from work and used to patch in some of my lawn.
I threw it in because he's so stinkin' cute.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I see it! There it is! It's lookin' good and so is that cute little Henry!!! Sometimes it's still hard to believe you're a daddy. If only Henry really knew his dad is just a big kid himself...heh heh heh. Boy, we're getting old.
    At least you're older though, huh?
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry is quite a cutie. I love that eagle, it's really taking shape. Very exciting to see the process.

    ReplyDelete