Monday, April 26, 2010

Eagle three


I was able to get some more carving done this week and man is this a big project. I put about 4 more hours into it this week and it looks pretty much the same. I had to skinny up the wings quite a bit which took the most time but I also added some more shape to the feet and head.
The main problem I ran into was the bottom of the wings, which you can see in the picture below. There just not symmetrical, which really bothers me. I almost have them fixed but ran out of time when my helper got home and didn't get a picture. I show comparison photo's in another blog later, but don't worry it will be fine. I just have to cut away everything that doesn't look like an eagle.

Below is a good view of how much I took off the wings so they weren't so chunky. Chunky is good on babies not eagles. Also, you can see more shape to the head and beak.

I think I have about 20+ hours in this already and will probably spend that much more trying to complete it, unless it really speeds up which sometimes happens when I don't run into to many symmetry problems.

This is when production came to a grinding halt, but when all the fun started. Henry is really jammin' to some tunes.
You see, I told you, chunky is good on babies not eagles.



This was about 6 weeks ago. I was in the other room and didn't hear any noise ( this is a real red flag to a parent of a toddler who loves his brother but can't really love gentle ) So I ran in the room and found that I was wrong he can love gentle.
For you that don't know me the littlest is Harrison ( he is abut 10 weeks now ) and believe it or not, just as cute as his big brother.

Last one I promise. Henry jammin' with daddy's scwrench ( chainsaw wrench, also known as a T-wrench )

2 comments:

  1. Shew! There's a lot of work going into that eagle! I can't wait to see the finished product. I LOVE the pictures of your boys.
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, love it, love it! Cute helpers too!

    ReplyDelete